What is a Hospitalist?
A hospitalist is a physician who specializes in caring for hospitalized patients. Our hospitalists coordinate with patients’ primary care physicians to maximize their treatment and recovery while they are being cared for here. If a patient does not have a primary care physician, the hospitalist can care for that patient, then refer the patient to a primary care physician at discharge. Our hospitalists are available to hospitalized patients free of charge.
A Hospitalist Can:
- Help coordinate a patient’s admission with the primary care physician
- Work with patients and their families to make sure they understand treatments
- Be available on-site 24 hours a day
- Order and interpret tests
- Quickly arrange specialty care and consultations
- Be easily accessible for routine care or in emergency situations
- Keep primary care physicians updated on their patients’ conditions
- Return patients to the care of their primary care physicians, once they are discharged
The next time you or a loved one needs hospital care, remember the hospitalists at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center. They are your links to patient care excellence.
Your links to patient care excellence.
The hospitalists at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center are exclusive to the facility: